Personnel/Licensure Links

NC Public Schools

NC Public Schools

Work 4 NC

Employee Benefits


Beginning, Out-of-State, International Teachers

This site will help new teachers to begin the process of working for NC Public Schools. This site also contains information for Lateral Entry Teachers, Teacher Assistants, National Board Certification, along with many more questions about licensing for NC Teachers and Professionals.

ECU’s Educator Residency Model (ERM)

ECU’s Educator Residency Model (ERM) is a fast-track cohort model designed to assist residency
candidates in meeting residency licensure requirements. ERM participants can complete coursework
in as few as 6 courses with continuous enrollment. Inquire now to begin the journey!


Regional Alternative Licensing Centers are regional offices established by the NC State Board of Education and are authorized to evaluate and prescribe licensure plans of study that, in specific areas, will lead to teacher licensure in NC. These centers are used by Lateral Entry, Prospective Lateral Entry, and Provisional Teachers in Public and approved for Licensure for Charter Schools in NC. Visit the RALC website for more detailed information.


This webpage will help you with the requirements that must be met to update or renew a continuing license every five (5) years. The renewal process is a means to ensure that licensed school personnel are highly qualified. It ensures that licensed school personnel are continually updating their professional knowledge, as well as, technology competency. This link also has information about any licensed personnel considering becoming a National Board Certified Teacher (NBPTS).

Model Teacher Education Consortium

The primary goal of the Model Teacher Education Consortium (MTEC) is to increase the number of highly qualified teachers in NC's public schools. To accomplish this, MTEC provides advice, professional development and financial assistance to employees of partnering school systems who are actively pursuing initial licenusre or their first degree in teacher education or clearing a lateral entry/professional license.

EdD resource for teachers that provides useful information about online education degrees & continuing education information on every program in the country.

Enabling this option will replace all fonts with the Open Dyslexic font.
Enabling this option will show a high-contrast version of this site's theme.