In 2018-19 the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) partnered with Learning.com to improve digital literacy across the state with the K-8 Digital Literacy Initiative! This partnership, designed to encourage student growth in computational thinking, digital citizenship and online safety, visual mapping, databases and computer fundamentals was implemented in many of our Tier 1 PSUs for school year 2019-2020.
To start the new school year 2020-21 off right, NCDPI and Learning.com are now excited to share a preview of NCDPI & Learning.com’s NC Remote Instruction Sequences for Teachers and Students!
To leverage successful best practices from 2019-2020 and address challenges, NCDPI and Learning.com, in collaboration with Learning.com PSU leads, have developed resources to enable our PSUs to quickly and easily implement Learning.com in the 2020-2021 school year.
Click here to preview NCDPI & Learning.com’s NC Remote Instruction Sequences for Teachers and Students!
- Using the Digital Literacy Assessment (DLA) to Gauge Your Students’ Understanding of the ISTE Standards for Students – Offered Sept. 9th & 10th
- Tracking Student Growth through Skills Checks – Offered Sept. 15th & 17th
- Click here for more information and registration links: bit.ly/lcomvirtualsept2020
- You may qualify for .1 CEU (equals 1 hour of credit) for participating in the LIVE session of each webinar. You will need to follow your public school unit’s approval process to earn credit.
- #NCBOLD has Learning.com Webinars- Join @ncdpiDTL for a series of virtual conferences designed to support NC educators as they develop effective remote/hybrid instruction. #NCBOLD kicks off first event Sept. 15-16. Registration is OPEN!
- Registration through NCEES information, session details, and registration links can be found at bit.ly/NCBold Please follow and @ncdpiDTL for the latest information.
- Learning.com Session Description: Participants will explore Learning.com’s digital skills curriculum, including the new NC Remote Instruction Sequences, through an interactive, hands-on approach to gain a better understanding of how our ready-made curriculum can help support both remote learning environments and the NC Digital Learning Standards.
- Date: September 15, 2020
- Time(s): 2:00 p.m. - 3:20 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. - 7:50 p.m. (select the time that works best for you)
- Register for Sept. 15th 2:00 p.m. – 3:20 p.m.: https://ncees.homebase.ncpublicschools.gov/ia/empari/learning2/registration/presentRegistrationDetails/27545
- Register for Sept. 15th 6:30 p.m. – 7:50 p.m.: -https://ncees.homebase.ncpublicschools.gov/ia/empari/learning2/registration/presentRegistrationDetails/27464